Our providers at Skin Damsel Aesthetics., are pleased to announce a partnership with Connected Cardiovascular Care Associates, a nationally recognized cardiology and wellness practice in Dallas, Tx, to offer the Semaglutide Weight loss program. “Both of our clinics focus on health and wellness, which improves cardiovascular and overall health, so it was a natural partnership,” says Bernice Das, Founder of Skin Damsel Aesthetics. Offering a safe physician-coordinated program meets the goal of wanting you to lose weight in a healthy, sustainable way.
Who should try Semaglutide?
Adults with BMI > 25 and at least one other weight-related condition such as high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol, or Type II Diabetes.
Who should NOT be on Semaglutide? Contraindications.
- Patients wanting to lose 10 pounds
- Personal or family history of medullary thyroid cancer
- Patients with Type I DM (insulin-dependent)
- Patients with Pancreatitis or other Gastrointestinal conditions
- MEN – multiple endocrine neoplasias
- Decreased kidney function
What are some typical side effects?
- The most common side effects include nausea, heartburn and constipation.
- It is not a stimulant, so it will not cause palpitations, jitters, or sleep issues.
- The medication does not affect blood sugars significantly in nondiabetic patients.
How much weight will I lose?
Typically, people lose about 1-2 pounds a week. In the studies, 14.9% of total body loss was over the course of the study over 68 weeks. Those with BMIs >30 lost more weight.
*Individual weight loss varies with everyone. Semaglutide injections are not for anyone wanting to drop a few extra pounds. How seriously a person commits his or her health will determine how successful her weight loss journey will be.
How does it Work?
- Decreases glucagon
- The pancreas increases insulin production, which is good for diabetes
- Slows down gut motility helping you feel full longer
- In higher doses, it acts on the centers of the brain and suppresses appetite
- Ongoing studies show improvement in cardiovascular health
Other Benefits Include:
- Physical hunger is gone
- Better sleep
- Higher energy levels
- Helps with insulin pathways and blood sugar levels
- The more momentum you gain, the better you will feel
- On average, you can expect to lose 15% of your body weight
Semaglutide mimics a health-promoting, naturally occurring peptide in the body (GLP-1).
Studies have shown it reduces appetite, improves control of eating, and reduces food cravings, in addition to improving blood sugar control. It works best with personalized lifestyle changes. It is different from other weight loss programs. Not a stimulant so no heart palpitations. Improves insulin resistance.
What is our program?
3-month Membership required $100/week. Virtual or In-Office Visit with our Nurse Practitioner for evaluation to see if you are a good candidate. The visit will also consist of body composition to track progress and instructions on how to administer medication at home. Patients will also have the option to come into our office weekly for their Semaglutide injections and receive complimentary lipotropic shots (skinny shots) as an added benefit!
9-month maintenance program. Following the initial program, a more customized option for maximum results can be individually tailored.
Are there any dietary restrictions?
No. There are no food restrictions, but eating a healthy diet will make you feel better and get improved results on the program. Lower carb (50-100 gm) and higher protein diet. Add 150 min of exercise/week. Includes just walking 30 min/day. The medication helps reduce cravings for sugar and alcohol, both of which increase results.